Covid-19 and Telehealth
With Covid 19 our medical practice has to change FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OURS.
- We have been seeing patients despite the Covid 19 pandemic using Telehealth. Patients that need to be seen physically come in to the office.
- Patients on Remicade, Humira, Entyvio, Simponi, Prednisone, Methotrexate, are immunosuppressed. Please let me know if you are exposed to Covid 19 or about to get your Covid vaccine.
- We now have the capability of telehealth services. We use Facetime, Doximity video call, but we can also use Google meet or Google Duo if the need arises.
- Please stay safe and follow social distancing guidelines.
Recommendations to prepare for teleconferencing
- Find a bright and QUIET place
- Write down the questions that you want to ask.
- Make sure we have your email and cell phone number.
- If possible, have your child's most recent height and weight available. If you have a thermometer, please measure the temperature. We would like a record of these.
- Horizon BCBSNJ - Governor in Executive Order 103 of 2020. This will apply to all covered services, including the diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19, routine care, therapy and mental health care. When telemedicine and telephone visits are provided by in-network health care professionals, member out-of-pocket costs are waived. When it will end?? -I think Aug 31st, 2020 (wording is a little unclear about non covid19 conditions).
- AmeriHealth - waive cost sharing effective March 6, 2020, through the public health emergency or December 31, 2020, whichever is later, and supersede Policy #00.10.42c Telemedicine and Telehealth (AmeriHealth New Jersey) waiving cost-sharing on any telemedicine services, including non-COVID-19 related services.
- Amerigroup NJ - Reply from Amerigroup 6/2/2020 "To answer your inquiry as to when Amerigroup will no longer use Telemedicine or Telehealth. There is no set date as to when this service will end.